That is what my hubby has been saying to me over the almost last year since diabetes entered our lives on August 7, 2010. I think some of the reluctance comes from hubby not really wanting our personal information and especially our son’s out there for the whole world to read about…for once it’s on the Internet, it’s there to stay…no going back he would say. I on the other hand, being the Licensed Professional Counselor expected my clients who came to me to be an open book and to honestly let me into their worlds so I could support them. So, I want you to come into our world…well sorta…I will respect my hubby’s decision and not blog about every single thing in our lives and won’t put too many pictures…well none of me unless the picture makes me look absolutely gorgeous since I hate my picture being taken but our son is just too cute not to share some of him with you all…even if some are only profile shots …hubby again! I am sure some of the reluctance comes from my perfectionism and wanting what I say to sound perfect even though we all know that living with “D” is never perfect and even if you think someone’s life looks perfect from the outside it never really is for life is full of challenges every now and again with or without “D”.
Our story is much like everyone else’s…many calls to the pediatric nurse with her stating that there were no red flags…etc. etc. etc. one more day and our blessing of a son would not be here today. After the diagnosis, I visited many of your wonderful blogs and still do on a daily basis, read many of your stories and even emailed a couple of you all (Hallie, Laura and Reyna…Thank you for you will never know how much your kind words of support meant!) which helped get me through the initial stages with D! The support you show for each other in the DOC is truly amazing and I look forward to getting to know more of you better for if it is one thing I have learned about diabetes...support and sameness is critical.
So, this blog is meant to be a journal of our days with diabetes and life in general and someday for Our Sugar Babie to have when he is older and can better understand what Mommy and Daddy did to keep him healthy. Diabetes became a part of our lives so quickly that we haven’t even after almost a year really had the time to grieve over what has been lost or even more so what we have found out about ourselves along the way. I may not have the best grammar, write as elegantly as you all do, or be able to post often for most days I am running after a two year old trying to poke fingers and chase numbers but everyday with or without diabetes is a journey that we are on together.
Now that the first post is out of the way…Bring it on “D” I think I am ready for almost anything you throw my way now after almost a year! We Can and Are Doing This!
WoHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I am so happy you finally started the blog Kelly. I have had you on my blog roll since you emailed and now you are here!
ReplyDeleteAnd, btw, I am impressed that you are blogging so early into your son's diagnosis. Your attitude is comendable.
Hey, glad you started a blog! Sorry you've joined the club - but it is amazing, the support that's online, isn't it?
ReplyDeleteIve gone right back to the start to find info regarding your precious sons diagnosis. I wonder if you could point me in the right direction, or do a new post. He seems so young in the pictures. I love to read the details, the sharing of that pain, the sameness we all feel. It reminds me that Im not alone , theres other D-rents and my son is not alone, there are other children living with diabetes. BIG HUGS to you and your sweet babyxx.
ReplyDelete